There are many ways to get to know a place, we are lovers of visiting the essence of a place, that’s why we recommend a tour through the most beautiful towns in Tenerife.
Visiting small towns on holiday can be a very pleasant experience. These places often have a unique and authentic essence that is hard to find in big cities. By moving away from the more popular tourist destinations, you can discover the true personality of a place and connect with its culture and people in a deeper way. Today we are going to talk about the most beautiful towns in Tenerife, the true gem of the Atlantic.
In the small villages, it is common to find cobbled streets, old houses, charming places intimately related to nature. You are also likely to find local markets and craft shops where you can buy products handmade by the locals. In addition, you are likely to find places to try typical food, where you can enjoy homemade dishes and authentic flavours. A real walk through the life and customs of a unique land.
Another advantage of visiting small villages is that they tend to be quieter and more relaxed places, which can be a great way to escape from the stress and routine of everyday life. You are also likely to find outdoor activities such as hiking, biking and cycling, allowing you to enjoy nature and disconnect from the modern world. There are plenty of reasons to opt for this type of holiday.
The most beautiful towns in Tenerife
Tenerife is one of the most popular islands for tourists, but it has many hidden places and charming towns and villages. Some of Tenerife’s prettiest and most spectacular villages include:
- Garachico: This picturesque fishing village is known for its rocky beaches and its pools and cliffs. It also has a pretty old town full of shops and restaurants and cobbled streets. The power of the waves will guide you through this lovely town.
- Los Gigantes: This coastal town is famous for its impressive cliffs and black sand beaches. It is a popular place to practice water sports such as surfing and diving while observing the majesty of nature.
- Masca: This small mountain village is known for its spectacular panoramic views and hiking trails. It is a perfect place for those looking for a quiet and relaxing getaway in the middle of the green Canarian mountains.
- El Médano: This lively seaside town is known for its sandy beaches and waves ideal for surfing and other water activities. It also has a wide variety of bars and restaurants to enjoy the nightlife. A quiet and lively town at the same time.
- La Orotava: This historic town is known for its beautiful colonial houses and carefully designed gardens. It also has a wide variety of shops and restaurants to enjoy the local culture and gastronomy. A nice getaway in the north of the island.
We don’t want to forget other fascinating towns or cities in Tenerife such as Puerto de la Cruz, La Laguna, Santa Cruz or Adeje. These places are better known in the tourist sphere and that is why we have not wanted to focus on them. However, they do not lose any of their beauty.
A luxury stay to get to know the island
Getting to know our island in depth is not incompatible with having a comfortable and pleasant stay. At Baobab Suites we have fully equipped luxury rooms that will help you rest after your long excursions around our paradise.
We also have jacuzzis and private pools in some of our room types. We can’t think of a better way to relax our muscles after hiking and other activities. We can provide a luxury gastronomic offer and a wide range of health and beauty treatments. We are waiting for you at Baobab Suites with all the information you need to get to know the island in depth.