Leisure is one of the most important parts of a trip, going out for a drink and enjoying a cocktail bar in Tenerife is a fantastic pleasure in good weather.
Would you like us to tell you the history of the word “cocktail”? It’s very curious, so you can’t refuse. According to the Oxford dictionary, “cocktail” literally means “cock’s tail”. Some horses in the 17th century had their tails docked like a cockerel’s, usually horses that pulled carriages, horses that were not thoroughbreds. Drinks that were not “pure”, that were combined, began to be known by the same name. Thus the name was born, cocktails as such have always existed. There are other very curious versions.
After this curious anecdote, we feel like having some of the tastiest drinks while enjoying the sunset or taking a dip in the pool. Tenerife is an ideal place for this, as a refreshing drink is welcome all year round due to its magnificent climate. For this reason, there are many options for this type of leisure activities to be found all over the island.
BB Lounge Club
This is a trendy club in the south of Tenerife, the perfect place to relax and enjoy a good drink. It has a solarium, swimming pool, hammocks, Balinese beds and a sophisticated, private and luxurious atmosphere. You can find it at Baobab Suites, but you don’t have to be an official guest to visit this fantastic place to drink. All we ask is that you are of legal age and consume alcohol responsibly.
From the morning hours you can enjoy exclusive breakfast menus, remember to book in advance. The varied and nutritious snacks are available from 12:00 pm – 05:00 pm and the Lounge Bar opens its doors for a relaxed drink from 06:00 pm – 11:00 pm. Here you will find expert cocktail mixologists, good music and a select and exclusive atmosphere.
Some creations from our menu
In our cocktail menu you will find a wide range of drinks created by the best professionals. Beauty and flavour are mixed in our cocktail shakers so that you can enjoy a spirituous drink and a magnificent photo for your Instagram. These are some of the drinks we have created for you.
- The Baobab Cocktail is dominated by white rum as the main element. In addition, it is accompanied by Passoa, lime juice, blue curaçao and pineapple juice. All in the hands of our expert bartenders.
- The Hemingway Special is also based on white rum. Maraschino, lime juice and grapefruit juice accompany the Hemingway Special.
- If we want to go far away to Mexico, for example, El Diablo is available. Mezcal, triple seco, agave syrup juice and tabasco. A little spice to your trip.
- Classics are also our speciality, and within the classics, the Bloody Mery is one of the most popular. As you may know, it’s made with Vodka, tomato juice, perrins, salt, pepper, tabasco and our personal touch.
- The Velere Spirit is another popular one. It is composed of Astup, prosecco rose and soda. A much more “pink” way of looking at life.
We also have non-alcoholic drinks such as the San Francisco or the Virgin Mojito and a wide range of wines, beers, digestives and aperitifs. There is no one who can leave the BB Lounge Club thirsty. And all this within an incomparable setting, a luxury hotel like Baobab Suites that offers all kinds of services for guests and visitors. All that remains is for you to toast with us for a unique and incomparable holiday. We are waiting for you at Baobab Suites and BB Lounge to live the experience of a cocktail bar in Tenerife.